SHERNG-LEE HUANG (www.shernglee.com)
CONTACT: SL@shernglee.com / 917.981.5894 / Brooklyn, NY
PROFILE: Producer/editor since 2006, equally proficient with scripted and non-scripted content, for clients such as The Huffington Post, Google, American Express, and the U.S. Olympic Committee. I'm also one half of the artist duo Ungur & Huang; our first feature film, "Hotel Dallas" premiered at the 2016 Berlin International Film Festival.
SOFTWARE FLUENCY: Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Encore), Final Cut Pro X/7, Final Cut Studio
EDUCATION: B.A., Amherst College
FREELANCE WORK - HIGHLIGHTS
The Huffington Post - Video Editor (Dec. 2015-present)
Cut packages for daily show HuffPost Rise (politics, health, lifestyle, human interest), with online views often exceeding 1M per video.
U.S. Olympic Committee - Director/Editor/Shooter (2012-present)
Turnkey vendor for 70+ Team USA webisodes, TV ads, and online promos, covering track & field, weightlifting, diving, hockey, bobsled, and speedskating.
Questus - Director/Writer/Editor/Shooter (2010-present)
Regular video vendor for award-winning advertising agency with offices in NYC and San Francisco, with clients including Capital One, Universal Orlando, Absolut, Seagrams, Driscoll’s, and Almay.
Google - Producer/Editor/Shooter (2010-present)
Created a variety of corporate communication pieces including keynote videos for Vidcon, the nation’s biggest conference for web video.
The Naked Brand - Director/Writer/Editor/Shooter - TV Documentary (2013-2014)
Partnered with Jeff Rosenblum to write and direct “The Naked Brand,” an hour-long doc that was acquired by Bloomberg TV and broadcast nationally.
American Express - Web Series Showrunner (2009-11)
Led production team for 72 episodes of “Small Business Rules,” a branded web series about America’s most dynamic companies, shot in 8 cities, coast to coast.
Next New Networks - Series Producer/Editor (2008-2010)
Launched several web series for the leading online video studio (later acquired by Google), including: Talking Points Memo (politics), TMI Weekly (lifestyle), and Bleacher Bloggers (sports).
Various Clients - Documentary Shooter/Editor (2006-present)
• Shot the feature doc “Burma: A Human Tragedy,” narrated by Anjelica Huston.
• Shot the short doc “The Tehuacan Project,” narrated by Adrien Brody and produced by Brad Pitt.
• Edited multiple episodes of the athlete profile series "Driven" for FloSports.
• Filmed four seasons of the police documentary series “Party Heat” for TruTV.
Rocketboom.com - Series Producer/Editor (2006-2007)
Led production of daily episodes of the web's most popular vlog (250,000 viewers per day), nominated for Webby and Vloggy awards and featured by Rolling Stone and CNN.
Ungur-Huang.com - Film Director / Visual Artist (2010-present)
• In collaboration with Livia Ungur, directed my first feature film, “Hotel Dallas," which premiered at the 2016 Berlin International Film Festival and was hailed as a "hidden gem" of the festival by The Hollywood Reporter. The film was also a featured story in Variety, Indiewire, and Arte.
• Made films and artworks that have shown internationally at festivals, galleries, and museums, including: the National Gallery of Art in D.C., Des Moines Art Center, Stavros Niarchos Center in Greece, SXSW, Kassel Dokfest, Black Maria, Montreal Underground (Jury Award - Best Film), and FIVA Video Art Festival (Jury Award - 1st Prize).
• Featured in “Fireflies in the Night”, a major video art survey at the Stavros Niarchos Center in Greece, curated by Robert Storr.
QuietLibrary.com - Comedy Director (2007-2009)
• Co-founded online comedy channel that peaked at #14 on the YouTube comedy charts, racked up 30 million views, and was featured on ABC’s 20/20, G4, E!, and CNN.
Mobile Editing: Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM, running Adobe Creative Suite and FCP X/7
Camera: GH4 4K camera w/ Speedbooster, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Nikon 50 1.4, Lumix image stabilized zooms (12-35 2.8, 35-100 2.8, 100-300 4-5.6)
Other: Sennheiser 416 shotgun, Sennheiser wireless kits (2), Audix SCX1 hypercardioid, Sound Devices MixPre mixer, Tascam audio recorders (2), Lowel tungsten lighting kit, 6ft Aviator jib, 6ft Aviator dolly, 2 ft Cinevate slider, Glidecam
Copyright © 2015, Sherng-Lee Huang